WAHLSTROM & ASSOCIATES
For over 30 years Wahlstrom & Associates has provided strategic consulting and boutique financial planning advice for trial lawyers in the specialized arena of structured settlements, settlement planning and mass tort litigation. Our dedicated focus on protecting the rights of injury victims, plaintiffs and empowering the law firms who represent them, has earned us a national reputation as thought leaders in settlement and litigation consulting. Instead of selling financial products we concentrate on providing strategic solutions for our client's problems, refusing to squeeze them into a "solutions box" that fits a standard structured settlement compensation model forced on them by the defense. We have become the trusted experts for our trial lawyer clients and an invaluable resource of objective advice and information for their injured clients.
- Structured Settlement Planning for injury victims in personal injury claims and cases. If a settlement planning consultant cannot effectively plan your client's future needs using a structured settlement model, then all other skills of that consultant are pointless. With over 30 years of experience and thousands of cases Wahlstrom & Associates brings unparalleled experience in working with injury victims and their families on structured settlement design, placement and service. Our analysis of your over all plan helps determine if a structured settlement annuity, or other annuity options, are the optimum approach to the long term needs of the client.
- Design and Administration of Qualified Settlement Funds and IRS section 468B trusts. Wahlstrom & Associates pioneered the use of these unique litigation tools which assist trial lawyers in effectively administering complex multi-claimant cases. Our strategic partnerships with prominent trust companies, coupled with our years of expertise in administration, can eliminate many of the administrative issues trial lawyers face in handling long tail multi-claimant cases as part of their practice.
- Structured legal fees and case/litigation financing. Years of experience has taught us that most trial lawyers put the needs of their clients and cases first. In the process of financing their case and caring for their clients, lawyers often fail to properly plan for their own futures and overlook one of the most effective planning tools available, a structured legal fee that defers taxes and allows for effective long range planning. By coupling our exclusive case financing tools with contemporary structured legal fee options, we are often able to reduce case finance costs, eliminate huge post settlement tax burdens face by lawyers. By designing an income flow using a guaranteed structured legal fee that defers tax obligations we are able to assist in funding future litigation and retirement plans for our trial lawyer clients they would not otherwise take advantage of.
- Mass Tort claims administration and supervision. While we do not actively seek out administration of national mass tort claims cases, Wahlstrom & Associates has carved out a recognized specialization in handling firm specific or regionally based multi-claimant settlement or mass tort case administration. Having handled both taxable damage, medical device and environmental damage cases, we are prepared to administer your QSF or mass tort settlement in a professional and expedient fashion, all while coordinating and cooperating with MDL administration on a national level.
- Structured sales and taxable damage structured settlements. You can and should consider structuring taxable damage cases and Wahlstrom & Associates is one of the leading experts in the taxable damage structured settlements. We are also recognized as one of the few national experts in the use of structured installment sales of capital assets and real estate using assignment company installment sales techniques. Our firm can show you how to spread out taxable gains and taxable income in each of these unique areas of specialization.
- Expert witness, strategic consulting and Independent Professional Advisor services. Many law firms need a consulting partner who has decades of experience in the court room, meditations and settlement conferences. Our firm works on a fee basis to help design settlement plans, litigation strategies and allocation grids on cases of all sizes and levels of complexity. We also will work on a fee basis with selective groups of claimants who are looking to sell or factor their structured settlement income streams so as to comply with state and judicial requirements to consult with an outside expert advisor in structured settlements.