One of the biggest misconceptions with structured legal fee's is that the Child's vs Commissioner case still is the governing case law and that there is some cloud over the tax status of structuring attorney fees. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The fact is that virtually every life market in the structured settlement arena now offers structured legal fees, all with a variety of options and features that make it one of the primary methods for deferring income to future years for trial lawyers. You have a broad selection that will depend on the case you are working on and the underwriting standards of each particular company at that time.
Here is the list of life insurance companies that offer structured legal, or structured attorney fees:
1. AIG/American General Life Insurance.
2. Liberty Life Assurance Company.
3. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company.
4. Prudential Life Insurance Company.
5. Pacific Life Life Insurance Company.
6. Berkshire Hathaway Insurance
7. New York Life Insurance Company
8. Mutual of Omaha
Keep in mind that each company has it's own little quirks and requirements but that in general you can work with each of them on most cases to fund a structured annuity on your legal fees.