The announced settlement in Federal Court on the BP oil spill case has as usual created more questions for the claimants and gulf coast residents than it has answered.
Legal Broadcast Network will have an exclusive question and answer session with two of the most knowledgable attorneys involved in this case. Attorney Frederick "Rick" Kuykendall of Kuykendall & Associates of Fairhope, AL, and Attorney Wesley J. Farrell of the Miami, FL firm of Farrell and Patel. Legal Broadcast Network will be releasing the interview on it's affiliated channels and here at The Settlement Channel at 2 pm EST, March 5th and will cover questions such as:
- What if you are a resident in the Gulf Coast who was impacted by the spill but you have yet to file a claim? How does the announced BP settlement impact your rights?
- What if you have already recieved some partial payments from the Gulf Coast Claims Facility? What are your rights or options going forward.
- What options in the BP Settlement take into consideration the potential for long term health issues or future claims for illness, injury or medical care needs due to pollution of the Gulf?
- What will happen to claims that are being processed in the Gulf Coast Claims Facility but have yet to be finalized or settled? Do you need to start the process over or do you have other options?
- What is the tax status of my oil spill claim? Is it taxable and do I have the opportunity to structure my payments over time and save on taxes?
In short, this interview with two leading lawyers who have been involved in the BP Gulf Coast litigation from it's outset will be of crucial value and interest to residents, businesses and others impacted by the Gulf oil spill and the possible rights to settle your claims.
If you are a claimant or interested party in the BP Oil spill settlement you need to be sure to view and listen to this exclusive broadcast early next week! Our firm, Wahlstrom & Associates is prepared to work with claimants and their advisors who are wondering what the financial impact of this settlement might be, what settlement options are available and strategies using 468B settlement trusts to defer the tax hit for many claimants.
Check back at Legal Broadcast Network after 2 pm EST on Monday the 5th and we will have the comprehensive interview ready for you to view and share with your friends at that time. We will also be releasing the same interview on The Settlement Channel just after broadcast Monday.